Allergy

on Friday, June 13, 2008

Atopic Dermatitis. Better known as skin asthma.

This is what my doctor (a family frined doctor) told me about a month ago about the condition of my skin. Tiny rashes appear on my arms, thighs and back. It's very itchy when: (1) i'm exposed to the sun for a long period of time, (2) for that exposure, perspiration occurs, (3) i eat food like chicken, peanuts, chocolates, seafoods, bagoong, eggs. My doctor told me (as per her prescription) to take Virlix for the itchiness, then apply Dermovate for the rashes. Use Oilatum as my soap. It's still the same.

Then I went to a dermatologist, still the same diagnosis. Paid Php 1,500 for the cream and lotion (to be used for 2 weeks), and tablets (to be taken for 1 week). For the soap, I was asked to use Dove extra sensitive. Geez! She told me that I have to come back after a week. I didn't come back. Silly me. To think that the clinic is just within the mall! Hehe.

Two weeks had passed. I used our company health card and went to a satellite clinic of Medical City. I was asked the same questions by the dermatologist. Again, i have buy from her the cream that I have to apply to my skin and the tablet that I have to take. Paid around Php 500 for it. Free consultation because the health card will pay for it. And I was told to be back after a week. Geez!

When you get to feel my skin (arms, thighs and back) it's not as smooth as a baby's skin. It's rough because of the rashes. I feel quite embarrassed. I do hope that the rashes would disappear. Help!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

you've mentioned this weeks ago and it's still there? bumalik na kasi sa doktor =)

Nick Ballesteros said...

so sorry to hear about your rashes. Uncomfortable pa malamang. I hope you will respond to the medication.

Anonymous said...

oh..so sorry to hear about the skin rashes..hope they'd disappear soon..

jho, got u an award in my latest blog post...cheers!

jho said...

lc, bumalik na ako uli sa dr. gastos talaga

watson, with the type of skin sensitivity that i have, mukhang life long ang rashes ko na ito

ft, i do hope too. but i still have to wait for a colder temp for it to disappear. thanks for the award!

Anonymous said...

better follow the doctor's advice, okay?

Post a Comment