Enrollment na!

on Monday, May 07, 2007

The month of May means (for most parents) time for enrollment.

I just enrolled my kids in school this morning. Before it was me being enrolled by my mother, now it's me doing the enrollment stuff... From answering and updating forms to paying at the cashier to the buying of books and uniform. Geez! I remember last year, it took me about 30mins max to enroll my 2 kids, now i have been at the school for almost 2 hours for 3 kids! The reason is that the school has been upgrading to computerized enrollment (per the Registrar). The nun (kids go to a Catholic school) told us (parents enrolling our kids) to bear with them because its only now that they are encoding the details for the students enrolled in their school. Ganon? What's the use of the form that they have sent out (it's like a pre-registration) before the school year ends??? Hassle! I was thinking that i'll be able to go to work today kahit na and hour or two na late (reasonable naman yung pagiging late ko e) but because i stayed for about 2 hours sa school no work for me today.

A thought entered my mind. I have an uncle (father's side) who keeps on depending on his siblings for his childrens' tuition and other fees for school. A parasite for me. I don't like him. Whenever he calls or suddenly show up at the house, it means that he needs something from my dad. Tuition fee, school activities, allowance for his family, and so on and so forth. Sometimes i wonder, will he remember us even if he don't need anything? Yung parang mangangamusta lang siya. I guess that will never happen. He is like a leech! Hanggang kayang pumiga, pipigain nya financially yung tao. Blame it on my father, his other siblings who gives support. They say, hindi nila matiis yung mga bata. But in fairness to my cousins, they do indeed excel in school. So parang sulit din yung binibigay sa kanila.

Sometimes I ask myself, how come I never ask my parents to shoulder my kid's school fees? They pay or give financial support for my cousin's education, how come I never ask them for their own grandchildren education? Nah, it's not me. As they say, "hanggang kaya ko, igagapang ko and edukasyon ng aking mga anak" . I don't want to be dependent sa parents ko. And I think that dapat pag-ipunan at paghandaan and tuition fee at iba pang mga gastusin sa paaralan ng mga bata.

9 comments:

zherwin said...

and national bookstore is now also unloading its stock of notebooks, i noticed it when i went there last sunday. and before we know it, christmas na! :)

you are so correct, parents should prepare (kahit igapang) for their children's schooling, kahit gasgas na yung linya, education pa rin yung pinaka-precious na pwedeng iwan sa mga anak. :)

Anonymous said...

thats not really a parasite, at least not for me. you havent seen a total parasite yet, pero hindi na ako maglilitanya :)

i think it's commendable that you would sacrifice a lot of your children. mabuhay ka!

Anonymous said...

^ oops, thats FOR your children.

Anonymous said...

Ay enrollment na nga pala! Wala pa akong pang-enrol ni bunso namin hehe.. Di bale kilala na naman kami sa school :)

Naku, Jho, tama si Cess... you haven't seen a parasite yet hehe... May matitindi pa dyan! :( Pero minsan ang hirap kasing tiisin kapag nakikita mo yung bata di ba?

It's good na di ka umaasa sa iba for your kids' needs. Tama yan :)

Happy Tuesday, Jho!

Anonymous said...

yan ang madalas kong sabihin, since anak ako, nakikita ko yung real score about my parents financial status pero yung iba, usually kamag-anak ng nanay ko akala e nagmimina sya ng ginto...samantalang kaming mga anak ni hindi makahingi dahil nga alam namin na pinaghihirapan nila yun ng maigi.

mschumey07 said...

The beauty of parenting. Like you, I never ask my parents for support and that they're very thankful for.

I grew up being independent. Even when we can afford it, I worked and studied at the same time. Of course, they paid for my tuition but the salary I received was spent on sending poor kids to school. I soon put up a small exports company while studying and sent more kids to school.

Now, I am blessed with just enough to support my own family. I' glad you're standing on your own, at least 'di ka pabigat sa ibang tao. That's something to be proud of.

Anonymous said...

ur children are very blessed to have u as a mother, jho.

i'd agree. mahirap pag nakasanayan na ang umasa sa iba. good thing, magagaling yung mga anak ng uncle mo.

pasukan na nman, traffic na naman. He he..

have a nice weekend!

Leah said...

that's why its good to start saving up for their education while they're still young.

Happy mother's Day Jho

Anonymous said...

Alam mo may friend kami rito na suportado pa rin up to now yung 2 anak na married na, full support ha kasi college pa lang yung mga anak nya na lalaki, cs pa naman manganak yung asawa...hehehe.

Post a Comment